I recently wrote about my router woes, this is the second part describing my search for a solution.
The search took me through several twists and turns through off the shelf equipment with custom firmware through Atom based routers and on to my current solution…..
Continue reading Router woes the search
Steps taken to get www.deneb.co.uk available via IPv6
- Test www.deneb.co.uk via IPv6 validate – http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php
- Raise support ticket with ISP to get native IPv6 address (this could be done with an IPv6 tunnel)
- Apply IPv6 network configuration to server
- Change firewall to allow http over IPv6
- Add quad A record to DNS
- Chnage Apache config to respond on IPv6 address hostname combo
- Test that it now does validate
Why test first? its the test driven way, Test (fail), Enable, Test again, Re factor if necessary
Now Deneb is available IPv6 !